Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Audiologist agrees with Nichole going Bilateral - 1/29/2008

I received an e-mail reply from Nichole's audiologist at Children's Hospital Boston (Marilyn) regarding Nichole wanting to get her left ear implanted this summer (1 year after her right was done).

I see no reason why Nichole can't get a 2nd CI and in fact it's a great idea.  She just has to be prepared how
quiet things will be with her ear gear off (she may hear a few loud sounds now.)

I had to go to Nichole's High School at lunch time to check her FM transmitter (it was having some issues). After dealing with that, I told her what Marilyn said in the e-mail. Nichole's face lit right up! You would have thought I told her she won the lottery. Now I just have to check with Blue Cross of Mass to ensure it will be covered.

No comments: